Implementing a water filter means that you will be able to reduce the tap impurities that include numerous compounds including mercury, cadmium, copper, zinc, chlorine odor and taste as well as other issues included.
We can differentiate numerous water filters that you can find on the market, depending on the system that you wish to get as well as other factors.
For instance, if you have a soft water filtration system such as alkaline ionizers, reverse osmosis, or activated carbon filters, you should call a professional to help you change the filter on an annual basis.
You can easily enter here to learn the process of replacing the filter with ease.
On the other hand, if you own pitcher filters, it means that you will use the affordable solution that features activated charcoal inside for removing unwanted contaminants that will affect your overall health.
Even though you will be able to get them for an affordable price tag, it is vital to replace them based on factors such as frequency of usage, the model you are using, and many more.
When Should You Change It?
Remember that this particular process depends on numerous factors that we need to mention here so that you can determine the timeline. Generally, water filters come with a particular life cycle you should read in the instruction manual.
The rule of thumb states that they measure the life cycle by using the number of gallons of water filtered. This is problematic to determine, especially if you are not the only one using it in your household.
Therefore, it is much better to find the ones that feature indicators, which will help you understand when you should do it. However, we decided to help you follow these factors to determine the exact period required for determining the end of life.
- Check out the original condition of the water compared with the first time you consumed it. If the taste is different from yesterday, or the day before yesterday, it means that you should replace it and use the new one instead.
- In case you are living in an area with hard water that features plenty of minerals, you will notice the clog as well as built-up inside the filter, which is the typical indication that you need to replace it.
- In case you have four members of the family that uses the pitcher daily for numerous gallons, you should replace it at least once a month.
- Determine the condition of liquid that you wish to drink because if there are differences, it means that the filter is not efficient enough.
- As soon as the active carbon filter reaches the point of being clogged, it means that it is useless and ineffective for filtering purposes. The best way to handle this particular problem is by replacing it altogether.
This particular website: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qm3c1 will provide you a guide to learn how to replace it without any additional problem.
Signs You Should Consider For Replacement
The typical situation states that if you notice the odor in the water or the lousy taste, it means that the filter is not efficient anymore.
At the same time, if the water pressure decreased, you should check it out to notice clogs or residues. It is an indication that you need to replace it as soon as possible.
You will also be able to determine the problem by checking it out visually, especially if you notice dirt and other residue derived from water, you should avoid using it until the replacement.
We recommend you to check the user manual to determine the signs that will help you choose another one instead.
Importance of Filter Changes
Remember that as soon as you decide to replace your filter, you will make sure that the process is working efficiently and without potential issues. The best way to prevent the potential hassle is by having a few backup filters for additional convenience.
You can find them at the same place you purchased pitcher depending on the brand and model that you are using. On the other hand, you can also visit the manufacturer’s website so that you can order the backup ones to avoid going to the store if you do not have enough time to do it.
The idea is to find top water filters that will meet your needs and preferences. It is as simple as that.
The best way to reduce the possibility of drinking unhealthy water is by replacing it frequently. If you neglect this particular idea, you will cause severe issues and consume even more contaminated water than without it, which is not something you should do in the long run.